1. Under the direction of the music director, the organist provides supportive and thoughtfully prepared accompaniment for congregational singing in its regularly scheduled weekly worship services and special events. In addition, the organist may accompany the choir or a soloist as the need arises.
2. Under the direction of the music director, the organist prepares preludes and postludes for the weekly worship service and, as needed, for special events. Also, the organist may play offertories in consultation with the church pianist.
3. In consultation with the music director, and as available, the organist plays for special services. Special services include, but are not limited to, revivals, Christmas Eve, Maundy Thursday, Easter, Ordination Services, Lenten Services, and other services as scheduled.
4. In coordination with the music director, the organist plays for funerals when available.
5. It is the responsibility of the organist to inform the music director when unavailable for scheduled services or practices. When unavailable, work with the music director to secure a substitute. The organist should notify the music director as soon as reasonably possible when unavailable.
6. As needed, the organist works with the music director to participate in music planning.
7. In order to be prepared, the organist schedules personal practice time on the sanctuary organ as needed.
8. The organist endeavors to utilize the full resources of the organ. This involves ongoing exploration of and appropriate incorporation of the wide range of registrations and other sounds of which the organ is capable.
9. The organist serves as an ex-officio member of the Music Team and participates in Music Team activities.
10. The organist will be evaluated annually or at the discretion of the Human Resources Team in accordance with the church’s policies.
11. The organist performs other duties as assigned by the Music Director.
12. A 30-day notice will be provided by the organist before terminating the covenant.
Buena Vista Baptist Church is seeking a part-time organist to play our Allen Bravura L-239DK digital pipe organ and join our Worship Team for weekly worship services and special events under the direction of our Music Director.
To apply, please send a Letter-of-Intent and Resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or
Buena Vista Baptist Church
2174 Chestnut Avenue
Buena Vista, VA 24416.
2173 Chestnut Ave.
Buena Vista, VA 24416